Monday, August 23, 2010

Time to Wake Up

Okay, I've been terrible on keeping up on blogging. I spent all of this time in the summer writing, so I guess my brain wanted to take a break in August. But here's the thing, my brain really needs to wake up now.

School starts tomorrow. Tomorrow. And I'm still having trouble remembering what I need to do to start teaching. And I'm really struggling with my math. I don't know what it is about subtraction, but it kicks my trash on a daily basis. One time, in college--yeah, college--the teacher asked what 26 minus 14 was, and called on me. I didn't know, and I couldn't do it in my head fast enough. Talk about embarrassing. Brie wouldn't even help me. It was pathetic. (Remember that Brie? Yeah, thanks. :)

And that's kind of how it is right now. It's all moving just a little too fast for me to catch up and get my feet under me. The funny thing is, I actually don't feel too stressed out, but I'm thinking that's more of a bad sign than a good one. It means I've probably forgotten something important. But, no matter what, I'm diving in tomorrow. Head first. Let's hope I don't drown.

1 comment:

Brie and Jeff said...

I didn't help you? What class was that in? I feel terrible that that's your memory of me! ha ha ha Why didn't I help you? I am sorry. I shouldn't have left you hanging like that. The last thing I'd want to do is let you down. Feel free to call with future subtraction problems, or anything else for that matter. :)